The Windsor Public Library provides community access to the Internet for information and research, intellectual development and freedom, and for enrichment and encouragement of lifelong learning. The Internet is accessible via the patron computer stations as well as wirelessly. Any patron with a WiFi-enabled device (laptop, smart-phone, tablet, etc.) can access the wireless network (password – avocado58 .)
In keeping with the principles and policies of the Windsor Public Library, the American Library Association and the First Amendment, Internet sites are not screened or blocked from access. As with all library materials, it is a parent or guardian’s right and responsibility to monitor their child’s access to information.
The Library has no control over Internet information and cannot be held responsible for, nor guarantee, its quality or accuracy. Patrons may encounter material which they deem inappropriate, inaccurate or offensive. Users are advised to use their discretion and judgment.
All patrons must read and sign the Library’s Computer Use Agreement verifying that they have read and understood the Agreement and will abide by it. Patrons under 18 years of age must also have an Agreement signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Computer Use Agreement
Library staff will assist patrons with computer and Internet use as time permits but cannot offer personal instruction.
The library cannot guarantee there will be a computer-trained librarian on duty at all times.
Computer workstations may be unavailable for use at certain times due to use by library staff.
- Patron computers will be available for use on a first-come-first-served basis.
- All users must check-in at the main desk before each use.
- All users must have a signed Computer Use Agreement on file with the library before using library computers.
- Use is limited to 1 hour per patron per day.
- Reserve up to 7 days in advance, in person or by calling the Library at 802-674-2556. Patrons more than 10 minutes late will forfeit their reserved time.
Using the Computer Workstation
- Only 2 people may use the computer workstation at one time.
- Personal computer discs are permitted after scanning for viruses by staff each time the disc is brought to the library.
- The Library abides by all Vermont state and Federal laws.
- Display of sexually explicit material is prohibited.
- Patrons may contact services which require fees. Patrons assume responsibility for any charges. Be advised the library cannot guarantee security, such as confidentiality of credit card numbers.
- Printing through the workstation: 15 cents per b&w page, 75 cents per color page if available.
- The Library reserves the right to suspend or terminate an individual’s use of the computer workstation for inappropriate use, which includes but is not limited to:
– Unauthorized tampering with computer software or hardware
– Violation of software license agreements or copyright laws
– Use of workstation for illegal or criminal purposes
– Delinquent library accounts including overdue materials