The Windsor Public Library seeks an energetic, community-minded individual to serve our population of 3,600 residents. The Library Director is the administrator of the Library, supervisor of a small staff and group of volunteers, whose responsibilities include:
• Daily operation of library including supervising, scheduling, interviewing and hiring of library volunteers and staff.
· Management and development of library’s collections.
• Assisting and instructing patrons on use of the online catalog, the library’s historical documents, reference needs, and other library resources
• Planning, promoting, and facilitating regular adult programming
• Working in conjunction with the 11-member Board of Trustees to develop and implement an annual budget; seek outside funding through grants and other funding sources; and on an ongoing basis assess the community’s needs and interests and strive to achieve the goals and objectives of the current (and forthcoming new) Five-Year Plan.
• Managing the facility of our historic building
• Proficiency in basic computer technology such as MS Office, Facebook, and WordPress (to keep the library website up-to-date)
• Supporting the Friends of the Windsor Library, who supplement the library’s fundraising efforts throughout the year
MLS/VT certification and/or library management experience is desired, although will consider a strong candidate with related professional experience who is willing to pursue VT certification.
30-32 hours per week, and salary commensurate with experience/qualifications.
The town of Windsor is situated in the heart of the Upper Connecticut River Valley, close to hiking, biking, swimming, and kayaking opportunities, and offers many in-town conveniences such as grocery and hardware stores and fine dining. The community is perennially very supportive of its Library, and the ideal candidate for Director will continue to carry the momentum of our good will. For more information, see the job description here.
Send resume with cover letter to email@example.com